This process started with an interview trying to understand my stakeholder's pain points and the context when he uses the app.
After our first meeting I could identify the JTBD and the main pain points:
- The main JTBD is to facilitate the process of paying a shared bill
- The functional aspect is to let your friends know how much money they owe you.
- The emotional/personal job is to be sure that you got back the money that you paid for them.
- The emotional/social job is to enjoy the moment without having to worry about the bill.
- Not having an organized payment page
- Not knowing what is paid and what is pending
- No option to delete all paid tikkies at once
For each pain point I designed a solution:
- To organize the payments I decided to modify the homepage by dividing tikkies between paid and pending and incorporating in the top menu the two options to navigate between them.
- For an singular tikke screen I decided to change the sentence "1 out of 3 confirmed" for "1 out of 3 paid" making easier to understand for our users. In this screen, in order to make possible keep track of the people that paid you a tikkie and who is still pending I divided it by users making clear which person already paid and for those "Pending" to paid that tikkie I made possible to send a reminder tikkie by wassap incorporating a whatsapp icon.
- To incorporate the "delete all" option I decided to keep the simplicity of the app and I used the floating action button (FAB) in the paid tikkies screen to do it.